Thursday, December 5, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Kayla and I were in the mood to make some chocolate chip cookies on my birthday and we searched on pinterest for a recipe, these cookies looked good and we decided to try them. They were so so so delicious! The perfect cake-y but cookie texture at the same time. Unfortunately I lost the recipe soon after we made them and I thought that I was going to cry, I probably spent 30 minutes googling and when I found it again I may have danced a little :) This recipe is definitely going in the favorites. 


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe came from My Delayed Fairytale


Makes: 20
Ingredients
Mix the following together:
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg

Mix the following together in a separate bowl:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix the following together before adding to flour mixture:
1 teaspoon milk
1 teaspoon baking soda (dissolve with the milk)

Add to entire mixture: 
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preparation:
1. Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil and egg.  In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
2. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in.  Add flour mixture to pumkin mixture and mix well.
3. Add vanilla and chocolate chips
4.  Drop by spoonful (generously) on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 9 minutes.

Special Touch: I like to place a few of the chocolate chips on the top of each cookie before I bake them to give them a more finished look.  Enjoy!  And don't eat the whole batch!


No comments:

Post a Comment