Sunday, July 31, 2011

Green Beans, Onions, and Bacon

This is a recipe that my Mom taught Kyle when he was younger and first started growing his garden. Kyle told me that it is a recipe that has been around for a long time and that he has seen numerous places. As I was rather picky when I was little there was no way that I was going to sample anything that had GREEN BEANS and ONIONS!! He made it again tonight and I LOVED it! So good and simple.


Green Beans, Onions, and Bacon

2-3 Slices Bacon
1 lb Green Beans
1 Medium Onion
Salt and Pepper, to taste

1. Cut bacon into 1/4 inch pieces, cook until crispy.
2. Chop onions- medium/fine pieces.
3. Remove bacon from pan. Cook onions in bacon fat until soft and mostly transparent.
4. Meanwhile, steam beans for 12-15 minutes until al dente.
5. Combine all ingredients in pan over heat until flavors are combined.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment