Saturday, October 15, 2011

Snickerdoodle Sheet Cake

This sheet cake was so so so delicious and the added Brown Sugar Cinnamon Buttercream on top made it perfect! I took it to work and it was gone very quickly, luckily I had stolen myself a piece before I went as I am not sure there would have been any for me otherwise.



Snickerdoodle Sheet Cake
Recipe came from Sweet Treats and More

1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 sticks softened butter

1 3/4 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups milk

Heat oven to 325.

Butter and flour an 18 x 24 in sheet cake pan {or two round cake pans for layer cake}. Sift together both flours, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and set aside.

Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, then vanilla.

Alternating, add dry mixture, then milk in three batches.

Bake for 30-35 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting (frost with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Buttercream found HERE).

No comments:

Post a Comment