Friday, March 25, 2011

Chicken Nachos

I have to admit I was a little nervous about this recipe, I've never done much with Velveeta, not because it isn't good but it was not something that I grew up using. This recipe came together really well and quickly, I adapted it from a crockpot recipe, I had planned on doing it in the crockpot but ran out of time and did it over the stove top. It was a little spicy, if you aren't a fan of that omit the Rotel.


Chicken Nachos
Recipe came from A Year of Slow Cooking
(adapted from) Chicken Nachos

2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 package Velveeta
1 Can Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies)
Bag of Tortilla Chips
Other Nacho stuff: beans, sour creams, onions, olives, tomatoes, etc.

1. Cook chicken (I boiled)
2. Cube Velveeta and put in sauce pan with rotel over medium heat.
3. Add chicken to Velveeta mixture as it begins to melt, turn heat down a little.
4. When Velveeta completely melted and warm put on top of tortilla chips along with other yummy toppings!


No comments:

Post a Comment