Sunday, March 27, 2011

Traditional White Bread

I wanted something to go with the lasagna today and I figured that slices of bread would be a good addition, it was something that I could make beforehand and would still be good without being warm. This is actually the recipe from my breadmaker cookbook. It's really simple and I've made it 6-7 times now with perfect results every time. I'm a huge fan of warm bread with a little bit of butter...favorite thing to do, put the ingredients in the night before and then put it on delayed setting so that it finishes right as I'm waking up....yum!


1.5 pound loaf
1 cup and 2 tbs water
1 tbs butter or margarine
1 3/4 tsp salt
3 cups flour
1 tbs dry milk
2 tbs sugar
2 3/4 tsp active dry yeast

2 pound loaf
1 1/3 c. water
4 tsp butter or margarine
2 tsp salt
4 cups flour
4 tsp dry milk
2 tbs sugar
2 tsp active dry yeast

1. Measure and add liquid ingredients to the bread pan.
2. Measure and add dry ingredients (except yeast) to the bread pan.
3. Use your finger to form a well (hole) in the flour where you will pour the yeast. Yeast must NEVER come into contact with a liquid when you adding ingredients. Measure the yeast and carefully pour it into the well.
4. Snap the baking pan into the breadmaker and close the lid (I put the pan in the maker before I put the ingredients because I don't want the liquid to get jostled and touch the yeast).
5. Choose the setting for bread and crust color and then start.

No comments:

Post a Comment