Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin Muffins

I really wanted to make something tonight and so I asked my roommate what I should make--oatmeal muffins, baked doughnuts with cinnamon glaze, or blondie brownies with brown sugar frosting. She told me that I should make the oatmeal muffins this week because they are healthier and she can eat them but to make the others next week (she is finishing up a project for a class and is eating semi-vegetarian and as healthy as she can). So I went with the oatmeal muffins...though I'm not sure how healthy they are when you put the cinnamon sugar on top :)


Oatmeal Raisin Muffins
1 cup flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup shortening (I used oil)
1 cup quick oats
1 egg
1 cup milk (I used soy milk)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup raisins (I didn't have any so didn't put them in)
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Combine flour, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening until like coarse crumbs. Stir in oats. Combine egg, milk, and brown sugar; beat well. Stir into dry ingredients; add raisins. Spoon into greased muffin tins. Combine granulated sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over batter. Bake in 425 degrees oven for 15 to 20 minutes (I did mini muffins and 7 minutes worked perfect!). Serve warm. Makes 12 muffins.

Recipe came from Mom

1 comment:

  1. These look amazing!! I am excited about this blog...the food looks so yummy and the design is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete