Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Pudding Cookies

After looking for weeks to find the Jell-o Pumpkin Spice Pudding Mix I was finally able to make these cookies that I've had in my list for probably closer to months. These cookies were really good but I was a little disappointed in that they didn't have a really strong pumpkin flavor like I was hoping but after talking to a coworker today I did realize these are labeled as pumpkin spice and not pumpkin so it's the spices that go into pumpkin pie and not the actual pumpkin, I'm thinking that next time I will just try snickerdoodle cookies with some pumpkin mixed in them. They are still really good and the double batch that I made Sunday is already completely gone (not bad for me being sick on Monday and not taking them to anyone). 


Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Pudding Cookies
Recipe Came From Chef In Training

Ingredients
  • ¾ cup butter, softened
  • ¾ cup brown sugar
  • ¼ cup sugar
  • 1 (3.4 oz) box pumpkin spice instant pudding mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • ½ tsp. cream of tartar
  • 2 to 2¼ cups flour
CINNAMON-SUGAR COATING
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Stir together flour, cream of tartar and baking soda and set aside.
  3. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars and pudding mix together.
  4. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
  5. Add flour mixture slowly until well incorporated.
  6. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon to form CINNAMON SUGAR COATING.
  7. Roll Pumpkin Pudding Cookies into 1″ balls. Next roll into cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat outer surface of ball entirely. Place on a greased cookie sheet and repeat for remaining dough. (12 cookies per baking sheet)
  8. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-12 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment