Sunday, June 5, 2011

Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes

These weren't the most favorite cupcakes that I have ever tasted in my whole life, Mom liked them she said that they were a good light flavor--not overkill. I did like that it was a small batch and only made 12 cupcakes (nice if you just want to make a cupcake or two for someone and don't want 22 remaining). I did discover that you really should listen to the part about mixing the sprinkles in by hand, I didn't and instead it turned to kind of a grey color (kind of like when you used to mix your sprinkles into your ice cream and they all blend into one color), I added a little more by hand when I discovered that. I think if I try this again I will try some other frostings or mix-ins.


Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes

Recipe came from How Sweet It Is

Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes

makes 12 cupcakes

1/2 cup Butter

1 cup Sugar

2 Eggs

1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract

1 1/2 cups Flour

1 teaspoon Baking Powder

1/3 cup Milk

1/3 cup Assorted Brightly Colored Sprinkles + more for top of frosting

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Cream butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Add half of the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Add the milk. Once mixed, add remaining dry ingredients. Fold in assorted sprinkles.

Pour into cupcake tins and fill 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let cool, then frost.

No comments:

Post a Comment