Sunday, June 5, 2011

Peanut Butter Texas Sheet Cake

This past week a senior class rented out my work for part of their gradnight so a bunch of employees had to work from 10pm-5am (yikes!). I felt bad that they had to work and wanted to make them something to give them a little bit of energy through the night. I wanted to make something that would go far but that would still be yummy. If you don't know me I have a weak spot for pretty much anything peanut butter and when I saw these I knew that I had to try them. Being a sheet cake made it even better (it would go far). I love when I have a reason to make things like this so it doesn't sit at home and Mom and I eat it all (very, very bad!). I finished it, cut out a couple pieces each and took the rest to work. Mom and I thought that it was delicious---super light with peanut butter taste but without being overkill peanut butter, everyone else must have agreed because by the time I came into work the next morning at 9:30 it was all gone.


Peanut Butter Texas Sheet Cake
Recipe came from Sprinkled with Flour

2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sour cream
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup butter
1 cup water


Frosting
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cups creamy peanut butter
6 tablespoons milk
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cake: In a bowl combine the sugar and flour. In a separate bowl (I used my mixer bowl) mix eggs, baking soda, and sour cream well. Set aside. In a small saucepan combine peanut butter, butter, and water. Bring to a boil. Stir the boiled peanut butter mixture into the flour mixture, then add to the sour cream mixture. Pour into a 15×10 inch sheet/jellyroll type pan. Bake 20 minutes or until done. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Frosting: Combine the butter, peanut butter, and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Add the powdered sugar and mix well. let the frosting cool for a few minutes, then add vanilla. The frosting will be thick, mix well. Pour over cake while both are still warm. Let cool, then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment