Sunday, June 5, 2011

Vanilla Buttercream

I was a more than a little excited to make this as I've never made or worked with Buttercream before. I'm discovering though that all frostings are pretty much the same you just change main ingredient (peanut butter, cream cheese, butter, etc.). Mom said that I added a little too much milk so it was a little runny...I still think it tasted GREAT! I put it on top of the Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes (and then may still be eating the extras on my finger :D).

Vanilla Buttercream

Recipe came from How Sweet It Is

Vanilla Buttercream

1 cup Butter, softened

2 ½ cups Powdered Sugar

1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract

1 tablespoon Milk, if needed

Cream butter in the bowl of an electric mixture until completely smooth and creamy. With the mixer on low speed, add in powdered sugar slowly. Gradually increase mixer speed and add vanilla, then beat for 2-3 minutes, scraping down sides and bottom of the bowl. If frosting is too thick, add milk 1 teaspoon at a time until desired consistency is reached If it’s too thin, add sugar gradually until it thickens. Frost cupcakes and top with sprinkles.


No comments:

Post a Comment