Saturday, May 21, 2011

Copycat Cafe Rio Cilantro Ranch Dressing

I'm kind of a dork, the first time I went to Cafe Rio I tried the Sweet Barbacoa Pork burrito and ever since I have always gotten when I have returned. I had never tried the salad before and as such had never tried the Cilantro Ranch Dressing. This time around when I made the Sweet Barbacoa Pork I decided to be different (and a little brave) and make this dressing. Because I knew it would make a bunch I invited Ben/Sonia/family over to join us. I had Sonia try the dressing and she said that it was really good (she had tried it before). I ended up not adding the jalapeƱo but I think that it was still really good.


Copycat Cafe Rio Cilantro Ranch Dressing
Recipe came from Family Favorite Recipes

1 packet TRADITIONAL Hidden Valley Ranch mix (not BUTTERMILK)
1 c. mayonnaise
1 c. buttermilk
2 tomatillos, remove husk, diced
1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro
1 clove garlic
juice of 1 lime
1 jalepeno (we like it SPICY so we kept the seeds in it, if you like it mild, just remove the seeds)

Mix all ingredients together in the blender. That's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment