Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Copycat JDawg Sauce

Erin has been telling me for the longest time that I need to go with her and try JDawgs in Provo. I was struggling a little bit with the idea of spending $3-$4 for a hot dog, but she assured me that it wasn't just the hot dog but their special sauce. I still haven't actually been to JDawgs (despite the fact that it was only a block and a half from my apartment) but when I saw this copycat version of it I knew that I had to try it. It was good...I still don't think that it's worth the money that they charge-but hey I now have a recipe I don't have to!


Copycat JDawg Sauce
Recipe came from Peachtree Cooking
Copycat JDawg Sauce

3/4 C ketchup
3/4 C barbeque sauce
1/4 C honey
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp onion power
Mix together and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'll have to try it out sometime.

    And you're still going to J-Dawgs with me when I get back- I'll pay! The sauce is amazing, but their hot dogs are also a lot better quality than the kind most people buy at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally going to try it! I can't wait. My whole family LOVES JDawg

    ReplyDelete