Sunday, May 22, 2011

Copycat Cafe Rio Sweet Barbacoa Pork Salad

I'm now hooked on Cafe Rio salads too...I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I go there again! At least I know how to make the dressing and it's really easy (and not that expensive either!), I'll probably start putting that on my other salads from now :)


Copycat Cafe Rio Sweet Barbacoa Pork Salad
Recipe came from Favorite Family Recipes

6 large Tortillas
Shredded cheese, Mexican blend
Lettuce (NOT iceberg, use leafy green or Romaine)
Diced tomato, onion, and cilantro (pico de gallo)
Sour cream
Cotija cheese, crumbled (or you can use Parmesan)

Here is how we put it all together: First of all, we bought the aluminum deep-dish pans (they had these at the grocery store, you will know when you see them.. they look JUST like the Cafe Rio tins). Lay a tortilla in the bottom of the pan, sprinkle cheese on it, and put in the oven at 375 for about 5 min or until the cheese is melted. Remove from oven, add beans, rice, pork, then lettuce and a little scoop of diced tomato and onions (pico de gallo). Add guacamole (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) and sour cream. Add crushed tortilla chips, a shake of Parmesan cheese, and top with a few cilantro leaves. Serve with the cilantro ranch or vinaigrette dressing and there you have it! (makes about 6 salads)

No comments:

Post a Comment