Sunday, July 20, 2014

Chocolate Chip Caramel Cookie Bar

I've had this recipe on my list to make for a few weeks. When I read my list to Kayla she immediately zoned in on this one and wanted me to make it, I thought that I was out of caramel so I wasn't able to make it right away. I made this recipe and did not bring it right away to work (for which I got in trouble for :D). I brought it Friday morning and Derek immediately ate 3 or 4 pieces, he told me that it was the best thing that I have every , another employee told me that this brought me "this" much closer to being an angel again, plus I received several other positive reviews. I hadn't realized until I started making the recipe that it contained peanut butter and wasn't sure if Kayla was actually going to like it, luckily the peanut butter doesn't actually have that much of a flavor (so you could add more or take it away based on if you like peanut butter or not). These are super soft and gooey, best if they are kept in a cool area as they get even messier to eat when it is warm. 


Chocolate Chip Caramel Cookie Bars
Recipe came from Mom on Timeout

INGREDIENTS
   Caramel Filling
      11 oz. bag Vanilla Caramels
      14 oz. can Sweetened Condensed Milk
      4 Tbls. Butter

   Cookie Dough
      1 1/2 sticks Unsalted Butter
      2 cups Light Brown Sugar
      1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
      2 Eggs, room temperature
      1 Tbls. Vanilla
      2 cups Flour
      1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
      2 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
      1/4 tsp. Salt
      2 cups Chocolate Chips

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line 9x13 inch baking dish with parchment paper. 
3. Unwrap caramels and place in a small saucepan with butter and sweetened condensed milk.
4. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until caramels have fully melted and the mixture is nice and smooth. 
5. Cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add peanut butter and continue mixing. 
6. Add eggs one a time, mixing well after each egg. Add in vanilla. 
7. Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt in a small mixing bowl. 
8. Add the flour mixture slowly stirring until well combined. 
9. Stir in the chocolate chips. 
10. Spread 2/3 of the dough on the bottom of the pan. 
11. Slowly pour caramel mixture evenly over the dough. 
12. Drop the remaining dough on top by the teaspoon. It doesn't have to be perfect!
13. Bake for about 30 minutes. Let cool completely and then cut into bars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment