Monday, July 21, 2014

Gooey S'mores Cookie

This is the second new recipe that I tried yesterday. I absolutely did not like them at first and I was semi tempted to just throw them out. I went out of the house for a couple of hours, when I got home I tried them again and they tasted better. They still aren't really my favorite but I made a double batch of cookies and they are disappeared so everyone else must have been a fan of them :D I think part of why they weren't my favorite is because although I love all of the parts that go into s'more I don't really like actual s'mores put together. I loved that this lady talked about using cinnamon graham crackers rather than normal graham crackers, it gave a great taste. 

Gooey S'mores Cookies
Recipe came from Kevin and Amanda

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup Butter, softened
1/2 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/3 cups Flour
3/4 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs (7 full graham cracker sheets)
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Mini Hershey's Kisses (or Chocolate Chips/Chunks)
1 cup Jet Puffed Mallow Bits

INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes. 

Meanwhile, use a food processor or blender to crush 7 graham cracker sheets into 3/4 cup fine crumbs. In a separate bowl, whisk together the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix on low speed until the dough just comes together. Add the chocolate and marshmallows and stir to combine. 

Place 1.5 tablespoon sized scoops of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. 

Makes 2 dozen cookies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment