Friday, July 18, 2014

White Chocolate Brownies

Derek had made a request that I make some kind of white chocolate brownie, I had to clarify with him that he didn't want a blondie. I had never heard of a white chocolate brownie before so I started googling to see what I could find, I sent him about 7 different recipes asking which one he wanted me to try, this is the one that he picked for me to try. I'm not 100% sure where the blogger comes from because half of the recipe is metric and half of the recipe is in US measurements. I thought it was a little interesting that they were cooked in "patty cake" pans or in the muffin pans that I did. The consensus was that they tasted like a thick soft cookie, they were good but didn't have the texture or taste of a brownie. 


White Chocolate Brownies
Recipe came from One and Only Chocolate Chic

Ingredients:

125g butter, chopped

250g white chocolate chips

1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed

2 eggs, lightly beaten,

1 1/4 cups plain flour, sifted

2 cups chocolate chips, see recipes below for other suggestions

TIP:

I have used two patty cake pans with a 1/4 cup (water) capacity. Generously spray with non-stick baking spray or line with paper cases. Larger muffin pans can be used just be aware that you will make less brownies and need to bake them a little longer.

Method:

The oven should be preheated to 160oC (325oF)

In a medium size microwave safe bowl heat the chopped butter on high for 30 seconds. Stir then repeat for another 30 seconds, the butter should be melted. Add the white chocolate and heat for another 30 seconds. Remove and stir until blended. You may need a further 20 seconds. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly so that you do not cook the eggs when you add them.

Add the brown sugar and the beaten eggs. Stir through.

Add the sifted flour and stir through until smooth.

Divide the brownie batter evenly into the patty cake pans. Using a small ice cream scoop makes this quick and easy.

Evenly divide the chocolate chips and press lightly into the top of the batter. Don’t be surprised by how many there are I have been very generous but then again I really love rich chocolate brownies. The reason I do not mix the chocolate chips into the batter is that this way you can instantly see what type of brownie you are eating increasing their WOW! factor.

Bake in a preheated oven set to 160oC (325oF) for 22 minutes.

Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing to a cake rack to cool completely. If you have not use paper liners take great care, I usually use a flat knife to help lift them out.

Store in an airtight container for one week. The white chocolate brownies can be frozen for up to two months.

Makes 24 brownies



No comments:

Post a Comment