Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Blondie Brownies

Last night my roommate had an assignment that was due that she really didn't want to do, I told her that if she completed it last night I would make her blondie brownies. I was kind of annoyed last night because I couldn't find the recipe that I used to make all the time, I found this one and I think that it's pretty close to what I used to make. Super yummy! They are sweet though so i would plan on cutting them a little smaller than normal brownies and having a good glass of milk with them (my roommates had theirs with ice cream)

Blondie Brownies
Recipe came from Betty Crocker

BROWNIES
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Butter
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2 Eggs
1-1/2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt

FROSTING
1/3 cup Butter
2/3 cup packed Brown Sugar
3 tablespoons Milk
2 cups Powdered Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 cup chopped Pecans (optional)

Step 1: Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat granulated sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and the eggs with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon, until light and fluffy. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. In ungreased 13x9-inch pan, spread batter evenly.

Step 2: Bake 20 to 23 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 45 minutes.

Step 3: In 2-quart saucepan, melt 1/3 cup butter over low heat. Stir in 2/3 cup brown sugar; cook over low heat 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in milk; cook until mixture comes to a rolling boil. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in powdered sugar and vanilla, mixing well with spoon after each addition, until smooth and spreadable. If necessary, add more milk, a few drops at a time. Spread frosting over brownies. Immediately sprinkle with pecans. For brownies, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.


1 comment: