Monday, April 25, 2011

Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars

I read a LOT of cooking blogs, I just can't seem to get enough of them. I see lots of things that I like but every once in awhile I see a recipe that I just KNOW that I'm going to have to try--the picture looks too good, the description is making me salivate and it just sounds fun/different. This recipe was one of those, I love Carrot Cake and am liking Cheesecake more and more (plus I've only tried making a baked cheesecake once and am still learning the benefits of them-aka DELICIOUS!). So when someone has the genius idea to combine the two of them I couldn't see where they could go wrong :)
Mom and I really liked these, but we've decided that they get better the "older" they get (best to let them cool completely) and now that we've made it once next time we will try making it with our own carrot cake recipe rather than the box.

Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars
Recipe came from Sweet Treats and More
Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars

For the Carrot Cake Bar:
1 box Betty Crocker Carrot Cake Mix
1 egg
1 stick butter, soft

Preheat oven to 350 degrees*F

Beat the cake mix, egg, and butter until it turns into a thick dough. Press dough into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Set aside while you make the cheesecake layer.

Cheesecake Layer:
16 oz. cream cheese, soft
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

1. In a medium sized bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla and continue beating until creamy and smooth.

2. Pour the cheesecake layer over the carrot cake bar in the pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the edges start to pull away from the pan. Let cool completely.

3. Cut into squares and top each square with a dollop of Betty Crocker's Rich and Creamy Cream Cheese Frosting. I used a plastic sandwich bag and cut a hole in one of the corners to pipe my frosting. You will only need about a 1/2 cup of frosting.


No comments:

Post a Comment