Thursday, April 7, 2011

Taco Biscuit Bake

While at work I like to take the opportunity to look through my bosses recipe books and get ideas, she has several of the Taste of Home magazines and this is one that I picked up from it. The recipe suggests topping it with sour cream and salsa, my roommates preferred it without the toppings. I did use ground turkey instead of ground beef, my roommates said it was good and that they couldn't really tell the difference. The one thing that I might do a little differently is use a can of beans instead of chili, I am slowly liking the taste of canned chili less and less- my roommates liked it though.


Taco Biscuit Bake
Recipe came from Taste of Home

1 lb. lean Ground Beef
2/3 c. Water
1 envelope Taco Seasoning
2 tubes Buttermilk Biscuits
1 can Chili
1 cup Cheese
Salsa and Sour Cream, optional

Cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
Stir in water and taco seasoning.
Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes until thick.
Quarter the biscuits; place in a greased 9x13-inch pan.
Layer with beef, chili, and cheese.
Bake uncovered at 375*F for 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted and biscuits brown.
Serve with salsa and sour cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment